Friday, March 31, 2023

Pinette

Name: Pinetti

Variety: Indicazione, Geografica, Tipica

Region: Cermenate

Country: Italy 

Year: 2020

Price: $6.00



My Review: This wine is a dark pink color, almost orange. It smells pretty woody, with a hint of berry, like strawberry. There's a lot of sediment in the bottle that got into the glass. The wine isn't very flavorful. It is really tannic and has a slight strawberry flavor. The alcohol really shines through as well, I can feel it when I swallow it which is a sensation I do not particularly enjoy. Overall I did not really enjoy this wine and I would not get it again. 

Another Review: I taste citrus, cut grass, and raspberries. 12% alc. 3.0 Has some nice strawberry notes but would not buy again. Has a vegetal taste but not as dry as most Provence roses. https://www.vivino.com/US/en/it-pinetti-notte-rose/w/1734147#:~:text=I%20taste%20citrus%2C%20cut%20grass,12%25%20alc.&text=3.0Has%20some%20nice%20strawberry,dry%20as%20most%20provence%20roses.  

Wine Folly: The primary flavors of rosé wine are red fruit, flowers, citrus, and melon, with a pleasant crunchy green flavor on the finish similar to celery or rhubarb. Of course, depending on the type of grape the rosé wine is made with will greatly vary the flavor. https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/what-is-rose-wine/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

third 3 course meal

Yellowtail Pinot Noir On its own: The Pinot Noir is a deep red color with hints of pink. This wine smells fruity like cherry. It also has a ...