Saturday, February 18, 2023

3 Course Meal

 Name: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre DaLele Pinto Grigio




On Its Own: This wine is a dark yellow but also kind of a pale orange. It has hints of vanilla and lime when I smelled it. The wine is pretty dry but is not very tannic, it leaves me feeling refreshed. I am not usually a fan of dry wines but the refreshing feeling is making it more appetizing to me. 

Paired with Motzo Ball Soup: I think these pair well together. The softness of the soup brings out a more harsh flavor in the wine, and the wine brings out the bready flavors of the Motzo balls. While I like both the wine and the soup on their own, I think they enhance each other's flavors so much that I prefer them together. In the past, I often eat Motzo ball soup with manischewitz which is a very sweet red wine but I think I enjoy it more with this harsher white wine. 

Name: Estrella Merlot





On Its Own: This Merlot is a dark red, and its initial smell is very pruney. I am not a big fan of red wines but this one is sweet so I didn't entirely hate it. On its own, the wine is relatively sweet has a cherry flavor, and is not very tannic but does leave my mouth slightly dry.

Paired with Spaghetti with marinara: This merlot does not pair very well with spaghetti. The sharp citrus flavors of the sauce make the alcohol flavor stand out and makes the wine lose its sweetness. I think this pairing is not very good and both the pasta and the wine are better on their own. 

Name: Coastal Estates Pinto Noir





On Its Own: This wine is also a dark red. It smells like dried fig and has a cherry flavor. This wine is very tannic it felt really dry going down which I did not particularly enjoy. I did not really like this wine on its own. 

Paired with a Chocolate Chip Cookie: I like this wine a lot more when paired with something sweet, the cookie made the dry flavor go away and mellowed out the taste which I preferred to the wine on its own. The warmness of the cookie also made the wine go down easier than it did when it was cold and dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

third 3 course meal

Yellowtail Pinot Noir On its own: The Pinot Noir is a deep red color with hints of pink. This wine smells fruity like cherry. It also has a ...