Friday, March 3, 2023

Wine and Cheese Pairings

 Wine Name: Lamarca Prosecco


On Its Own: This wine is a medium yellow color. It smells kind of eggy and lemoney. This wine is very refreshing, not tannic at all but the bubbles give it an interesting, sparkly tongue feel. It has a lemon/lime flavor.

Paired with Mozzarella: The mozzarella is overpowered by this wine. The cheese gives the wine a more citrusy taste, as well as brings out some floral notes in the wine. Overall, I like this paring but it is not my favorite, I wish that the wine brought out more flavors in the cheese. 


Wine Name: Journey and Discovery Rose


On Its Own: This wine is a pale orangey pink. This wine smells like walking in the woods after it rains and the ground is all mushy. I am generally not a fan of rose but this one is okay, it has a floral, slightly tannic taste to it, somewhat of a honeysuckle flavor. It also has a very strong alcohol component. 

Paired with the Garlic and Herb Borsin: This wine pairs with the cheese really well. The rose brings out the garlic flavor and the creamy cheese brings out the floral flavors in the wine. I enjoy this wine much more when paired with this cheese. My only complaint is that it brings out the alcohol flavor even more


Wine Name: California Roots Sangria




On Its Own: This wine is a light, pinkish red. It smells very fruity, it smells like blackberry and cherry with a hint of citrus, like Oranges. The wine tastes slightly tannic, and has a blackberry and orange flavor. I really enjoy this wine, I am a big fan of how sweet it is and I really enjoy fruity wines so this wine was really good. 

Paired with the Pepper Jack: I don't like the way that this wine pairs with the cheese. The flavor of the cheese mixed with the wine tastes like vomit. This cheese really brings out the alcohol flavor in the wine too which was not present when I first tasted the wine on its own. Overall, this is the worst pairing of the three. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

third 3 course meal

Yellowtail Pinot Noir On its own: The Pinot Noir is a deep red color with hints of pink. This wine smells fruity like cherry. It also has a ...