Thursday, April 6, 2023

Washington Hills

 Name: Washington Hills

Variety: Riesling

Region: Washington

Country: United States

Year: 2021

Price: $10.00



My Review: This wine is a yellow, almost greenish color. It smells kind of like bread, specifically challah, and a bit grassy. The bready notes carry over into the flavor. This wine is very dry but doesn't leave my mouth feeling dry. The after-mouth feel kind of reminds me of taking a bite of some fluffy bread. I am usually not a fan of dry wines but this wine really surprised me as to how much I enjoyed it. I would definitely buy again. 

Another Review: "Pear, green apple, citrus, honey light minerals aftertaste, but refreshing & crisp. Slight throat warmth/burn.. would buy again." https://www.vivino.com/users/becky.elli/reviews/169417700 

Wine Folly: " It’s true that Riesling is often vinified to leave residual sugar. This practice is integral to balancing the high acid of the grape, especially when grown in cooler climates. However, there are many examples of dry Riesling wines that may just change your mind about the grape." https://winefolly.com/tips/bring-on-the-dry-riesling/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

third 3 course meal

Yellowtail Pinot Noir On its own: The Pinot Noir is a deep red color with hints of pink. This wine smells fruity like cherry. It also has a ...